It's December, it's Christmas time and it's tiiiiiime for Sweet Treats & Chocolate! Lots of Chocolate!
For me, speaking of chocolate means speaking of only one kind: Dark Chocolate! I love eating dark chocolate (every day sweet tooth snack), drinking dark chocolate (in homemade hot chocolate or milkshake) and I love using dark chocolate for cooking.
I recently bought the cutest heart-shaped baking form and have been experimenting with different kinds of healthier and quick chocolate desserts.
Dark chocolate is perfect for making healthier brownies (the darker the better) and I often add extra chocolate and less sugar than any recipe lists. Actually I never add sugar - I substitute. It's one of my tricks to making healthier, yummier and more natural Sweet Treats.
I'll just share my best baking tricks with you - I find that they work magic not only for my health - also for flavor and consistency:
- Substitute sugar with raw honey (still, go easy)
- Substitute butter with coconut oil
- Substitute flour with oats, coconut flour or almond flour
- Experiment with adding shredded vegetables such a zucchini, carrot and squash for a healthier and more fluffy cake (add raw and bake)
- A-V-O-C-A-D-O! My favorite smoothie ingredients works magic for baking as well (ph yes!) Especially in any brownie recipe! Just blend it creamy and add it to your dough before baking!
Get started on your Sweet December Treats <3